RHS Tall Deck Block 54901U
* If interested in shipping this product, please email email@example.com for an accurate shipping quote (Auto-quote is off due to large weight)
These RHS LS bare race blocks are designed to meet the needs of today's high performance engine builders and racing enthusiasts. These blocks are available in standard and tall deck height combinations and are engineered for maximum clearance around a 4.600 in. stroke crankshaft. With their unique design, RHS engineers were able to minimize windage in the rotating assembly, leading to superior engine lubrication at higher rpm. To make them friendly for existing race applications, these blocks contain both factory and motor plate race mounts for Gen I, II, III, and IV engines. RHS LS bare race blocks each receive a CT scan to ensure maximum performance and consistency.
Standard features include:
- Designed from aircraft-quality A357-T6 aluminum
- Siamese cast bore walls (4.125 in. or 4.165 in. diameter) with press-in cast iron sleeves
- Machined with 55mm cam bearing journal
- Available in standard (9.240 in.) and tall (9.750 in.) deck heights with beefy deck thicknesses (.500 in. standard/.750 in. tall deck); standard (5.87 in.) and tall (6.38 in.) deck cylinder sleeves are available
- 6 head bolt design with full water jacket around the cylinders' walls; large windows in the valley allow access to an inboard 6th head bolt
- Block design includes large front and rear AN-12 side feeds for serious dry sump setups
- Material for oversized lifters with lifter bosses that are designed to clear tie bar style lifters
Main Journal Type: LS mains
Engine Block Style: Aftermarket/OEM tall deck
Deck Height (in): 9.760 in.
Cylinder Bore as Shipped: 4.115 in.
Cylinder Bore Diameter: 4.125 in.
Maximum Bore Diameter: 4.165 in.
Engine Block Material: A-357 Aluminum
Engine Block Weight (lbs): 119 lbs.
Main Bolt Style: 6-bolt
Main Caps Included: Yes
Main Cap Material: Steel
Main Cap Fasteners Included: Yes
Main Bearings Included: No
Rear Main Seal Style: 1-piece
Finished Cylinder Bores: No
Raised Cam Location: Yes
Cam Bearings Included: No
Freeze Plugs Included: Yes
Notes: Tall deck, needs finished honed.
In Store Pickup: Anaheim, CA, USA